Below there are two study guides you may use to prepare for the test. The images may be the most helpful to you. =) Hint! Hint! **TEST MONDAY** Check out a textbook early if you need to!
A Christmas Carol Study Guide
“A Christmas Carol”
27 Question Test
Questions/Hints for Multiple Choice
- Reading Purpose (662 in the text) - there are several questions regarding purpose
- Know your main characters.
- What is Scrooge’s POV?
- What was Scrooge’s childhood like?
- Why did Scrooge’s engagement end?
- How does Marley differ from the other characters in the story?
- How does Scrooge view the Cratchit family in Act 2?
- What is being sold to Old Joe and what does it tell you about those who know Scrooge?
- When visiting with the Ghost of Christmas Future - what gives Scrooge hope?
- Be aware of adjusting your reading rate for your purpose and know why might you read faster or slower? (696)
- What does Jacob Marley tell us about Scrooge?
- What do we learn about Scrooge and Fred (Nephew) from their dialogue?
- What do we learn about Bob Cratchit from his conversation with Scrooge?
- What is Scrooge’s reaction to the Cratchit family?
- In Act II, Scene 3 what does Christmas Present say to indicate that Scrooge’s actions can affect the outcome of events?
- Act 1 Scene II - Why does Scrooge object to people enjoying Christmas
Lit Terms and Vocabulary that are either asked about or used in within the question or answer choices
- Stage directions (696)
- Cast of Characters
- Dialogue (662)
- Double Negatives
- Counting house
Audio of the Raven: http://town.hall.org/Archives/radio/IMS/HarperAudio/011594_harp_ITH.html
The interactive Raven: http://www.teachersfirst.com/lessons/raven/